I was looking at pictures and realized I haven't posted about our trip to WA! It was unique in that we were actually a foursome this time. A whole family! It was a piece of CAKE compared to when I usually do it alone with the girls. Oh my gosh. I was smiling all the way through security and on the flight, I felt so free only having to be responsible for one child again. Of course I was also just so happy to have Eric along, period. We missed him so much on our other trips. He hadn't been home in ages. We were up there for three weeks (they went by soo fast!) and loved every second. Both his and my parents are up there, just 4 minutes apart, so we have to split our time pretty evenly.
Every time we go up there we swear that we're just going to take it easy and not cram our time with "stuff". Well, once again, we failed. Oh, well. We always have a blast.
The first weekend we were there, we drove down to Portland to see the Lundbergs in their new habitat. Portland is such a cool city. It's so clean and new and there's no Sales Tax! It was so fun to hang out with Brendon and Rachel again. We left all five kids with a 12 year old baby sitter (they were fine mom!) and went to some swanky restaurant where we tried to act like we were young and cool still. It was great. We miss them.
Loren, Beth, Stella and Oscar (Eric's brother and family) were in town for a bit from Brooklyn, NY. It's been a long time since we've seen them. The girls had tons of fun together. Beth gave us the keys to a great little house in Seattle that we stayed at for TWO NIGHTS! We haven't done that since Olivia was 5 months old.
Geez, can I really write about all that we did? Maybe I should just make a list....
-Red and Pink Day with Auntie Deb, Auntie Chelsie, Grammie, Coshell and Frances the cat! We looked forward to that for months! Debbie has the best crafty projects for the girls.
-TWO trips to the Children's Museum in Everett. For ya'll Enid folks, it's like Leonardo's on steroids (No disrespect, we love Leo's too!).
-We met our niece Chelsi's fiance, Trevor- which is always a little creepy for me to say out loud since I have a brother named Trevor and a sister named Chelsie....... But, welcome to the family Trevor Chipps! We approve!
-We had multiple 'dance parties' with Don and Kaye's disco ball downstairs.... here's Don's interpretive dance moves....
-Finally, on our trip back to Enid, we had a long (that turned longer) layover in Phoenix and got to see the Hendershotts again! I miss Arizona. Something about it makes me want to immediately strip down to my swimsuit and just lay out all day long.... I always feel REALLY PALE in AZ.
When we finally got on the last plane home, it was so late we had to put the girls in their jammers (in a public bathroom). We were all so ready to be done traveling. We had so much fun but it's always so nice to be back in our own beds.
6 comments:
Hey! Good to see your blog again. Those are great pictures from your trip, I'm so glad Eric could 'accompany' you! I mean, if you are going to accompany him to Altus, I think you have it coming. Anyway, see you guys tonight- before you LEEEEAVE!!! WAAHHH!!
Oh how I have missed your blog! I love reading it, but I pretty much do talk to you all the time. I am going to miss you so much "partner". Love ya.
I'm glad you are back to blogging, the trip looked wonderful, and the house that you stayed in was so cute, what a fun get a way!! BTW good luck in Altus we will miss you so much, and I hope you come back to sleep on our bunkbeds:)
I am happy you got to go home as a family, and even happier (selfishly) that we got to see you! Love you guys.
Oh, it is good to see your blog again. I hope you made it down to Altus fine. We miss you guys.
I'm so glad you're back in the blog world! And please let me know how Altus is. We'll be there before you know it and we can keep each other company. All I can say is that pool better be AMAZING, since that's all there is to do. No oven? What is this place??
Post a Comment