I'm not being mean..... that title is alluding to Livi's awesome school mascot! I do think it's interesting that they chose a deadly venomous snake to represent their elementary school students but I guess it's better than being a Woodside Woodchuck (whatever that is) like I was.
So- first day of school........ really painful for everybody. Can you tell by the picture that she's just a tad 'concerned'? Actually, it was just the drop off that was excruciating. I was barely holding it together myself and I almost just hauled her home with me. It was a mess. Obviously we both survived and it was all worth it just to see huge happy grin when I picked her up two and a half hours later.
The next three mornings, Olivia just chanted her little mantra over and over: "I'm trying to hold myself together, I'm trying to hold myself together, I'm trying to hold myself together". She did increasingly better each day until one morning she just smiled and said "Bye, Mom! I love you!". Oh happy day. Victory!
3 comments:
Way to go Liv!!! You look so beautiful, I'm so proud of you for doing so good in school! Hillarie, I'm impressed. I will have to call you for advice when Brian starts kindergarten.
that is just so cute!! i'm so excited to see you guys and your girls this month!! WHOO HOO!! :) congrats on the house!
What fabulous before and after pictures!!!! I want to cry looking at the before:( but the AFTER, now that is a happy picture!! What darling girls you have!!
I love you all. Grammie
Post a Comment