Monday, April 28, 2008

Road Warrior

So I've been waiting for the big reveal until we got our coolio rims and tires. I was hoping they'd transform our "Ban" (as it is called by the five and under crowd) into an awesome hipster vehicle. Hmmmmm. It DOES look better, I think. Krista got to see it over the weekend when we met up for our race (sa-weet!) and she was so impressed that she was, like, speechless. Kidding. So far people just laugh when they first find out it is really ours. Krista politely refrained from laughing but I could see that it took some effort. Anyways, I still have not completely come to terms with driving such a beast. I know it will be wonderful for our road trips coming up- but as a daily driver???? Maybe I'll start a new trend. Twenty-something (for 43 more days) moms in huge, gas guzzling, road-hogging monsters. Oh, wait! That's Utah.
So here it is: our Anti-MiniVan, BEFORE and AFTER
Notice the humongous flourishes and little wheels?


Ta-DA!!



Here's some inside shots. The inside is what melts my heart. So comfy, so leathery, so HUGE.


The back seat, in case you were wondering, folds down into a bed at the touch of a button. Behind the back seat, conveniently tucked into their little wood-framed alcoves, are a dust buster, first aid kit and small air compressor! I can stow diapers, wipes, toys, food, sweaters, etc., everything that is normally floating around our little car, out of sight in the overhead cabinets. It's like driving an airplane.
So what do you think? Coolio Cronk style or suspect old man in school zone? I'm undecided.

6 comments:

Payne Family said...

I love the color most. It reminds me of a poopy diaper. But for real, I think it is really cool! Not many people have those conversion style vans anymore. I am sure when passers by see Hillarie hop out, they will think her husband is ebony in color!! anyway, I love it and I am sure the kids do too!!.....Gabe.

Lisa said...

Finally my curiousity is satisfied! I LOVE it. Holy canole. It looks like so much fun.

Anonymous said...

OK can I say I almost peed my pants laughing, I just love you Hillarie, way to be your self, you can totally pull that off, and really through people off with such a hot mamma driving a van like that!! I LOVE IT!! Thanks for making my day:)

Mindy Widdowson said...

Ooooh Mmmmy GOOOOOSHHHH! I almost died laughing when I first saw this. I thought you were joking, then I read on! I am going to start searching the Auto Trader immediately! Absolute Genius. You know everyone will always want to ride with Hillarie and Eric where ever we go!! The interior is to die for and I am pretty sure Eric can stand up right inside. The truth of the matter is...you guys can make Lava cool. It is kind of a Cronk thing!

Ketsy said...

Broc and I have been loving on this thing since it was just a gleam in Eric's eye. Super Pimp.

David Vogelsberg said...

OH MY...